Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When I Get Obsessive About Certain Foods. Doc Magrogan's.




I've got a pretty obsessive personality if you haven't figured that out. Especially with food. I'll find something then think about it then eat too much of it then I kind of get sick of it. The foods include:

Pork Carnita's (Don Gabriels).

Pistacios (store bought).

Hot Pork Sandwiches (Luigi and Giovanni's in Newtown Square - Sundays only).

Hand Carved Roast Beef (Nick's Old Original Roast Beef in Springfield, PA).

Sushi (Wasabi in West Chester). I like the spicey tuna and Philly roll best.

And now?.......

Oysters*. MMMMMMMMMM. Those beauties above were purchases at Doc MacGrogan's in West Chester. They have buck a shuck night on Monday's. Oh baby. I'm going to try and not go back for a while though so I don't get sick of them.

And in other food related obsession news I'm super responsive to food commercials. I've been known to watch a food commercial on TV and then turn off the TV and drive to the place that's advertising the food. I haven't done that in a while but I was talking to a friend on Sunday and I was telling her how I rarely drink soda. Well I got so thirsty for soda while we were talking about it that I drove to Wawa and got a fountain soda.

I think advertisers like me.

*This is how I like to eat oysters: Squeeze of lemon, dash of tabasco, dollop of cocktail sauce, slide into mouth then three or four chews to release they're oceany goodness, then swallow (TWSS)

11 comments:

sybil law said...

I am NOT a fan of oysters, but good for you!
I'll watch cooking shows late at night, and then get positively ravenous for something delicious and have to go to sleep hungry. So stupid, but I do it every time I can't sleep.

Dr Zibbs said...

Sybil - I usually never eat anything after dinner but if I'm out drinking and it's really late I'll scard down fast food then go right to bed. Disgusting!!

Dr Zibbs said...

...and per my tweet you win a prize of being the first to comment today. Your prize? A "Thank ye"

Kelly Robinson said...

I had some amazing oysters about a week ago, and now you've taken me back. I can't think of anything else.

Dr Zibbs said...

Kelly - I'm glad I could bring you good memories.

Gage1 said...

Oysters are delish. I cheated on my vegetarianism for oysters on my birthday. Considering I'm primarily vegetarian for health reasons, didn't feel guilty one bit!

Have you read this article?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/04/16/150724125/is-tuna-scrape-the-pink-slime-of-sushi

Pearl said...

I've got a friend who insists I try oysters. I must admit, this Minnesota girl is resistant...

Pearl

Dr Zibbs said...

TC - Read that article. Someone told me yesterday about it. Gross.

Pearl - You have to try them. I only started eating them a few years ago. Deeeeeelish!

Scope said...

Never really had GOOD oysters, so that turned my off of oysters.

Except for the crackers.

Dominica said...

Good to hear you're into oysters .. we recently had a series on tv called SMAAK (what means 'taste'). Every week they would ask a Belgian personality what he/she liked the best, foodwise. So every week, 3 guys had to go on a quest for the best possible oyster, mushroom, seafood, pork etc ... Very nice series : it got your tastebuds going.
Plus on top, you got real good info on where to find the best of anything ..

Chris said...

I have to have mine roasted, on a cracker with butter and hot sauce.