Monday, June 7, 2010

Why Do I Have To Get The Ultimate Deal On Everything? Ipods.



One of quirks is that I always have to get the ultimate deal on things I buy. Here are a few examples:

Trek Road Bike-
- Cost to buy new: $1300
- My cost: $350
- I found it advertised in the paper. The guy only rode it a few times.

Weber Grill-
- Cost to buy new: $700 with all of the accessories (including the rotisserie)
- My cost: $200
- Found ad in the paper. The people used it three times but were moving to
Florida and they didn't want to bring it for some reason.

Craftsman Riding Mower
- Cost to buy new: $1300
- My cost: $350
- Found it at a garage sale. Super rich Dad bought for his son that wanted to start a lawn cutting business but then the kid "got lazy."
(The sad thing with this purchase is that I have eight huge maple trees in my yard with roots so it actually took longer to cut the lawn with the rider. So I gave it to my Dad)

It's great to get deals on big ticket items but it seems that I do that for everything. I guess I'm always afraid that I'm going to see it cheaper somewhere else then I'll dwell it.

The problem is that I used to spend so much time researching stuff to get the best deal I was spending a ridiculous amount of time. Hours and hours. So I've really been trying not to do it anymore.

So last night on Ebay I bought the 160G Ipod. Because my Ipod just broke. It cost $214.99. I barely researched this product. I didn't spend hour comparing to see if I could get it cheaper. I just did the "Buy it now".

It should arrive in a few days. And I'm hoping that it's perfect because if it's not, Ima be pissed. And of course go back to analyzing every purchase.

Please say a prayer.

15 comments:

Cora said...

Ahhhhhh, I loves me some eBay.

Amen.

Verdant Earl said...

You can get a brand-new 160GB iPod from Apple for $249. Is it worth it to save $35 to get a used one from eBay?

Dr Zibbs said...

BE EARL - NOOOOO! I thought they'd be way more expensive from Apple.

I'm stupid.

Dr Zibbs said...

BE Earl - I remember now. Because I have a bunch of money in my PayPal account. That's why I first looked on Ebay.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gage - post on Blogger? I've never had any issues with Blogger but I hear that a lot of people do.

Trooper Thorn said...

eBay is great, but when I want my new 'FBI' lanyard or novely trucker hat, I want it NOW, not in 7 to 10 days!

Anonymous said...

They have 160Gig Ipods, brand new at the WalMart for $199 with 20 free songs. You got ripped off Sucka.

Dr Zibbs said...

Anonymous - OK. You've convinced me never to impulse buy again.

But then again, the idea of going into a Walmart sickens me.

KendallJaye said...

Agreed.
The trip to Walmart would only lower your IQ.
Good luck.

-KJC

The mad woman behind the blog said...

Sounds like this isn't a neurotic practice. I would be worried about you if you were doing this to buy your oranges too. Please tell me you don't do this to buy your produce.
And I'm with you on shopping at Walmart. We call it the belly of the beast.

Girl Interrupted said...

Aw, Dr. Z, you can get these for free, silly! ... you don't have any issues with mugging, do you?

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OH MY GOSH... I totally could have gotten that cheaper for you!!! HOLY COW!

I kid.

I never look for the deal.

I'm coming to you next time

well read hostess said...

1) WalMart is not a viable option. Ever.
2) I have a friend who is in the market for a replacement kidney, think you could find her a deal? Again. Wal Mart is not a viable option.

Dr Zibbs said...

Well Read Hostess - A kidney. Good one.

Mone said...

you better empty your paypal account from time to time, maybe it will provide you from buying to quickly :)