Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Found That Photo I Was Looking For! International Fashion.



Most of you are pussies when someone asks, "Hey! Who wants to look International?"

Not me though - as seen by the picture above. That's me on the left there in the vest type number. So many years ago. The other two guys are my friends Toby and Edwin. And of course Edwin's pain the ass girlfriend Sarah. What a bitch. Well, she was OK but whenever we'd go out and try and get all International she'd insist on tagging along.

And..it kind of doesn't work when you're trying to pick up ladies but you already have a lady hanging out. You know what I mean? It's like Toby used to say, "Istanbul, Milan and Lima don't need no Mumbai ruining things" (those were our nicknames).

Sometimes we would just go places and stand in the pose that you see above (and are totally me and my friends - not models).

Chicks would come up to us asking about our International clothes. And we'd just start rattling off jibberish and try and make it like we knew how to speak some of the crazy and unimportant non English languages - peppering the sentences with English words so at least they KIND OF knew what we were talking about. Like. "Mooga Booga - you wanna toucha your hand here..Francois?" You know...stuff like that.

Those were the days.

20 comments:

Son of a Thomas said...

Ever since I had kids I stopped looking international. I need to get back to it.

PainterReady said...

It's unquestionable. Nice vest-shirty thing!

Dr Zibbs said...

Look at Lynn chiming in. Who are you Lynn? One of my Twitter followers?

Dr Zibbs said...

...And Son of a Thomas I really wish you would get back on Twitter. Come on!

Pearl said...

Umma gumma and inna gadda da vida, baby.

And, um, Ich Habe Keinen Hut.

And that's as international as I get.

Pearl

Kate said...

Sounds like good times.. except for that pain in the ass Sarah. Nice you found that photo... I don't suppose you still have that vest hanging around in the back of your closet? It might still fit.

The mad woman behind the blog said...

One of you guys didn't become Lamont on Sanford and son, did you?

Dr Zibbs said...

Kate - I do still have the vest. I wear it once in a while to see if "I still got it".

JenJen said...

I still have the International Men dolls they made, sold in all fine retailers at the time, IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE. Imma going to be loaded one day.
The Sarah doll isn't worth shit, though. (Ever since the "change")

Gage1 said...

I wish men still dressed like that. I have a WHOLE page a day calendar of such fashion ads. Some are out of this world... I think I better scan em.

Carnie said...

There's not a chance that Sarah could have ruined your chances of getting lucky. No way, no how - not with those fine threads.

J. Hi said...

So you decided to go 'stache-less? What a trend setter. ;)

T-Ro said...

I was wearing the nylon shirts back in the day. I guess that's why I was merely regional.

Dr Zibbs said...

Carnie - "Threads". I need to put that word back into my vocaubulary.

J.Hi - I'd always carried a fake stache in my pocket. Just in case.

T-Ro - Haha. good one.

Unknown said...

OMG. haha I can't stop laughing.

"Istanbul, Milan and Lima don't need no Mumbai ruining things" <--ROFL!!

Slyde said...

it looks like "Looking International" is a euphamism for not having a penis...

Dr Zibbs said...

Alice - why thank you. Signed, Istanbul

Slyde - Yeah? You're just jealous.

Heff said...

Dr. Zibbs : "International Man of Mystery"

Dr Zibbs said...

Heff - That's me.

Dominica said...

bringing along just the 1 girl, tagged to your arm, only works for gays