Sunday, February 7, 2010

Electric Boogaloo Puppet Boozer And An Apology And Dance Offer.




On May 24, 2009 I wrote this post about Soul Train and mentioned that the third dancer was not proud of his robot boogaloo dancing style.You remember that date though. You probably have it marked in your "THAT BLUE YAK post calendar" that you keep to track all of my posts.

Well, his name is Puppet Boozer and he chimed in with a comment just the other day. His comment was:

"Just to clarify...I am the fourth dancer "Puppet Boozer". There was no embarrasment or timidness. We were proud, excited and a little nervous. We were also very young, I was 19 at the time. You need to take a closer look my friend. When you have been in our shoes as innovators introducing your craft to the world...then you may able to critique a with a little more clarity. Keep dancing...

PB"

And I do believe it was the real Puppet Boozer that left this comment. So I would like to apologize to him and to really show I'm sorry I'm offering to dance with him sometime if we ever meet. Well, dance on the same floor with him.

And believe me. I'm good. You'll see. Everyone will be like, "Whoa!! Look at that move!". You know how it gets.

12 comments:

JMUmonty said...

Can I get a link to puppet's email address? I think he owes me money.

Dr Zibbs said...

JMUonty - You will have to ask the man himself.

Kristen said...

This is so awesome. I hope he grants you that interview (fingers crossed).

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - Yeah. I was thinking about trying to contact him for an interview. I think I'll wait a bit as not to sound too eager.

Kristen said...

You could contact him now, just say something like "I'd like to interview you IF I have time. And not tonight b/c I have to wash my hair". So you don't sound too desperate.

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - I think that's the way to go.

Scope said...

I think I saw a "Puppet Boozer" using talking to the brown paper sack that his ripple came in.

And I thought you wrote "Puppet Bowzer". I thought you were going to do a Sha-Na-Na riff.

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

I've got the moves baby, you got the motion. If we got together we'd be causing a commotion.

Sorry, I got a little carried away.

Dr Zibbs said...

Dutch Do - I hear ye'

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted Dr. Zibbs. I wouldn't mind seeing your "moves" sometime at all. I'm always glad to see someone keeping the artform current.... Keep doing your thing....And yes, it is the real Puppet Boozer.

PB

Dr Zibbs said...

Puppet Boozer! - send me your email and I'll interview you for my blog.My email is Lebner1 At Yahoo dot com

Peggy said...

Aw man, I can't watch the original video.

I'm going to shove my face in my pillow and cry for a while...