Monday, March 3, 2008

Ricky Gervais and Extras - Pure Hilarity

For those of you that haven't seen the HBO show Extras with Ricky Gervais, drop what you're doing and go get the DVD now. I've been watching season 2 where Ricky plays a a character on a crappy English sitcom. What makes it so great is that he has to wear an afro wig and glasses and has a ridiculous catch phrase on the show, "Are you having a laugh?" He's completely mortified because he know that the show is awful.

Everywhere he goes, people taunt him about how it's the worst piece of crap show ever. Stephen Merchant, who has been writing with him for years also plays a character on the show. In a great scene I was watching the other night, Stephen is asking a dwarf, who is on a side project with Ricky all of these ridiculous questions like:

"Would I fit in your house?"
"If you were in your bedroom and I leaned over like King King and reached in and grabbed you, would you be scared?"


In another great episode, Ricky complains about a loud child, not realizing that the kid is 100% pure retarded. Mongoloid if you will. And I will. And the actor playing him? ..Puts Corky to shame.
The show also has great guests like David Bowie, Orlando Bloom Chris Martin. And if you don't like either of those three, you'll like them after watching them on Extras.

Here's his ridiculous catch phrase:


3 comments:

JDizzle said...

I LOVE THIS SHOW! It's so great. Did you see the season finale? I cried because I was so touched! I'm such a sap.

A must see indeed.

Dr Zibbs said...

I didn't see the end yet. I'm trying to savor it now.

Smoochies said...

Extra's is aewsome. I'm having a laugh.