Monday, September 17, 2007

West Whiteland Tomato Thief Confession

The following is a confession by West Whiteland Tomato Thief: Denny Throckmorton:


Yes. I admit it. I walked to the back of my property in my West Whiteland home and saw something that I couldn't ignore. In the area by my fence, where I keep my skull collection, I found a tasty treat - tomato escapees as seen in this picture. I have no guilt. I will be chopping off the the sweet fruit and make a tasty salad. I will then march up to my vegetable journal and note that I need one less Burpee seed packet next season. After that, I will kick the door open in my basement and tell my imaginary wife of my accomplishment. She will be proud. We will proceed to the Exton Michael's store and make very sensible purchases of 3 oz votives - (totally unrelated to the tomato story above -but..that's how she is) . We will then retire for the night.

2 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I think Burpee is a great name for a seed packet.

Dr Zibbs said...

So does the founder - Bill Burpee