Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Lancaster's Long Park Art & Craft Festival Review

That Blue Yak's Milford Dean Darlak attended the 29th Annual Long's Park Art & Craft Festival in Lancaster - and boy did he have a good time.

It was great. It was an arts and crafts show but not only didn't I see a single clown as I usually see at festivals, there wasn't a single craft booth selling Popsicle stick yarn art. And sand art? Nowhere to be found. It was the perfect weather in Lancaster Sunday and there were many classy people there. Here are some pictures I took:

This was an Amish gal that I almost hit on the way there. "Hold on there Kinzer Kate. You don't want your bike smashed and I don't won't front bumper damage. So take your time. The pies will still be there when you arrive. Safety first."


Holy cow - a huge dog sculpture with a cut out bone in the middle. Hmmm...perfect for snooping.
When in doubt and feeling like an art rube, go with it with such comments as, "Those eyes in that painting are not even the same size" or "$1200? Are you crazy? I've seen paintings like this at Walmart for $19.99 and they even come with a frame."



Now you're talking. I was all set to enjoy a 100% Angus beef hot dog from Tri-County Barbecue Catering but when I got up to the counter, I noticed it was a foot long. I was too embarrassed to order it because people might have thought I was a gay so I settled for the hamburger. It was pretty tasty.

While doing research for this article I came across an interesting link about the amish and their nicknames. Check it out by clicking the word link: link


No comments: